We are so excited to share weekly recipes with our Plant-Powered Shift community. Visit this page each week for a new and delicious recipe that you can easily make at home. Let’s eat!
Greek Chickenpeas on Toast
What you need….
Serves: 4 – Prep: 5 mins – Cook: 20 mins
Nutrition per serving: 253 kcal – 8g Fats – 33g Carbs – 11g Protein
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat on a medium pan.
- Add shallots and cook for 2-3 minutes, then add garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add all the spices to the pan and mix well.
- Next, add in the chopped tomatoes and 2 tbsp. of water.
- Simmer on low-medium heat until the sauce has reduced, around 10 minutes.
- Mix in the drained chickpeas, season with salt, sugar, and black pepper, and cook for another 5 minutes until warmed through.
- Serve on the toasted bread with parsley and black olives.
Banana & Strawberry Pancakes
What You Need:
2 ripe bananas, mashe
1 cup (110g) spelt flour
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. lemon juice
¾ cup (180ml) almond milk
¾ cup (150g) strawberries, sliced
1 tbsp. coconut oil
4 tbsp. coconut yogurt
4 tbsp. maple syrup
Serves: 4 – Prep: 15 mins – Cook: 15 mins
Nutrition per serving: 282 kcal – 53g Fats – 7g Carbs – 5g Protein
- Mash the banana with a fork and combine them with flour, baking powder, baking soda, and lemon juice.
- Next, slowly add in almond milk until you get a thick batter.
- Finally, fold in the sliced strawberries, leaving some for garnish.
- Heat some of the oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat, not too hot as then the pancakes will burn.
- Spoon a little less than ¼ cup of the batter per pancake (this will make around 8 pancakes).
- Cook the pancakes for about 3 minutes on one side, then when bubbles start to appear flip and cook for another minute.
- Serve the pancakes with a tablespoon of coconut yogurt and maple syrup, and garnish with remaining strawberries.
- Nutrition information is per 2 pancakes
Cinnamon Chickpea Chili
What you need….
- Heat oil over a medium high heat in a large saucepan. Add onion, pepper, and garlic and cook for about five minutes, stirring occasionally, until the veggies begin to soften.
- Add the cumin, turmeric and cinnamon stir for 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes, water, chickpeas, black bean, pinto beans chili powder, cayenne pepper, and maple syrup. Bring up to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the kale and simmer 15 minutes until the tomatoes have broken down and the kale is tender.
- Finish with fresh chopped cilantro and serve with a dollop of dairy free cheddar cheese and sour cream.
Prep: 15 mins – Cook: 15 mins – Total Time: 45 mins